QE-R quantum efficiency system is a PV cell tester which can provide cell’s EQE. IPCE, IQE and spectral response data accurately and rapidly. The quantum efficiency information provided by QE-R quantum efficiency system is commonly used by PV researchers to illustrate and study the device design, device performance, process improving, material bandgap, impurity or trap.
Due to its high repeatability and accuracy of QE-R quantum efficiency system, metrology engineers also use QE-R quantum efficiency system to do spectral mismatch calculation and the uncertainty evaluation of PV conversion efficiency. QE-R quantum efficiency system is adopted by over 500 outstanding PV research laboratories and published over 1,000 SCI papers in the past 10 years, including many flag-ship journals like Nature, Science, Joule, and Advanced Materials et al.
Are you interested in this product?
Our professional team will assist you!
We provide customized solutions for your needs and integrate sensing technology into your products, product applications and OEM solutions.
Tell us more, we will enlighten your ideas.
Advantages of Enlitech QE-R Quantum Efficiency Analyzer
- Enlitech is the only one quantum efficiency system manufacturer who is accredited by ISO 17025 certification on quantum efficiency calibration and testing.
- More than 500 sets of QE-R quantum efficiency systems have been installed worldwide.
- QE-R quantum efficiency system whose name is mentioned by more than 1,000 SCI journal papers.
- The measurement quantum efficiency results of QE-R quantum efficiency system are widely adopted and cited by high impact factor journals.
Typical journals cite quantum efficiency results of QE-R, such as Nature, Science, and Joule.
- More than ten years of experience in perovskite and organic solar cell quantum efficiency measurements since 2008.
- Providing data verification and analyzing software help researchers quickly obtain physical parameters from quantum efficiency spectra.
- The physical model of analyzing software is proven and adopted by many high impact factor journals.
- Students do not have to worry about the journal review of the experimental part.
Compact but Flexible
QE-R quantum efficiency system integrates all optical and mechanical components inside 60cm x 60cm x 60cm main body which includes electrical signal acquisition lock-in amplifiers. It saves a lot of laboratory space but keeps the flexibility for variety types of solar cell test fixtures, such as Si, thin film, tandem, CPV, CIGS, OPV, DSSC, Perovskite solar cells.
Complete Glovebox Integration
QE-R quantum efficiency system provide easy and complete glovebox integration solutions. We already provided over 50 sets of integrated QE-R quantum efficiency system and solar simulators over the world with many different glovebox manufactures. We not only provide the hardware but also share experiences of accurate characterization inside the glovebox, which helps our customers to breakthrough the world efficiency records.
- For single junction solar cells testing: Perovskite solar cells, Organic solar cells, Si HJT cells, TOP-Con cells, CIGS, CzTs, CdS, GaAs, thin-film cells.
- For tandem solar cells testing: Perovskite / Si tandem cells, Perovskite / CIGS tandems cells, concentrated solar cells, III-V tandem solar cells.
- Wavelength range: 300 ~ 1100 nm; 300~1800 nm; 300 ~ 2500 nm or customized
- Provide the data in QE (quantum efficiency), PV-EQE (external quantum efficiency), IPCE (incident photon-to-electron conversion efficiency), SR (spectral response), IQE (internal quantum efficiency), Reflectance.
- Compact and High Repeatability over 99.5%.
- Two independent lock-in amplifiers (each one is dual-phase) which monitor the optical power and measure the device signal simultaneously.
- Exclusive integrated computer-controlled signal switch can reduce cost for maintenance and consumables.
- Exclusive glove-box integration capability.
- Complying ATSM E 1021-15, ASTM E948, IEC 60904-8, IEC 60904-7, IEC 60904-1.
- NIST-traceable SI traceable chain.
- Exclusive EQE uncertainty evaluation report and quality control accredited by ISO / IEC 17025 for journal paper submission.
- Various and customized sample test fixtures.
IPCE / Quantum Efficiency Testing
|Lamp Wavelength Range||250nm~2500nm|
|Measuring Wavelength Range||300nm~1100nm
|Un-Repeatability||≦ 0.3%; 300nm~400nm
≦ 0.2%; 400nm~1000nm
≦ 0.3%; 1000nm~1100nm
|Jsc Un-Repeatability||≦ 0.1%|
|Jsc Uncertainty||≦ 0.2%|
|Light Instability (long time)||≦ 0.2% (3hr)
|Beam Spot Area||1 x 1|
|Beam Incident Angle||8°|
|Effective Working Distance||> 10 cm|
|DSP Lock-in Amplifier||a. Two sets of dual-phase lock-in amplifiers
b. < 25 us; Max acquisition speed
c. <1 us; delay time between two channels
e. ; Gain
f. 10 V; Max input volateg
g. Noise filters
h. 4-channel multiplexer for signal switching
|Light Intensity Monitor||a. 1 monitoring cell;
b. for light intensity measuring simultaneously
|Software||a. Absolute light intensity calibration
b. SR, EQE measuring
c. Auto in-situ Jsc(EQE) calculation
d. Auto Jsc(EQE) calculation at each wavelength
e. IQE calculation
f. Bandgap analysis
g. Data collecting and analyzing
h. Mismatch factor (MMF) calculation
i. Signal monitoring function
j. txt data format
|Signal Oscilloscope||a. Oscilloscope display
b. Time-domain and frequency-domain analyzing capability
c. Signal monitoring function; photo-current signal monitoring on DUT
|Dark box||600mm x 600mm x 600mm|
- Perovskite Solar Cell (PSC) Test
- Organic Solar Cell (OSC, OPV) Test
- Tandem/Multi-junction Solar Cell Test
- Solar cell characterization
- Bulk-Heterojunction phase separation study
- Mismatch Factor (MMF) calculation
- Short-circuit current density under AM spectrum Jsc(QE)
- Processing control
2018 OPV 15.6% World Record
In 2018, a new class of non-fullerene acceptor, Y6, is reported. Organic photovoltaics made from Y6 exhibited a high efficiency of 15.7 % which broke the OPV world record and reported by NREL’s Efficiency Chart. The Authors used Enlitech’s QE-R quantum efficiency system and Solar simulator to fine-tune the devices and achieved the records.
2019 Perovskite 23.7% World Record
In 2019, ISCAS reported a certified 23.7% efficiency perovskite solar cell by improving the open circuit voltage and photocurrent. ISCAS adopted Enlitech’s QE-R quantum efficiency system and solar simulator for advancing and optimizing the performance of perovskite solar cells. QE-R quantum efficiency system help ISCAS identify the bandgap of perovskite composition and confirm the comparison between Jsc(QE) and Jsc(SS).
2020 Perovskite 25.5% World Record
In 2020, UNIST in Korea reported a certified 25.5% perovskite solar cell on NREL’s Chart. UNIST installed Enlitech’s QE-R quantum efficiency system in 2019. In a very short time, UNIST broke the world record for perovskite solar cells. QE-R quantum efficiency system provides the spectral information of the perovskite composition and the insights into device performance improvement.
Glovebox Quantum Efficiency Test
We have a professional team to assist you in evaluating your application and provide customized designs to provide solutions.
Resources & Download
1. What does "Dual Lock-in Amplifiers" mean in the specifications?
QE-R has two independent lock-in amplifiers which are both two-phase (or dual-phase). By DSP IC technology, these two lock-in amplifiers can acquire DUT’s signals and Monitor detector signals simultaneously. The time delay between them is smaller than 1 ms which makes QE-R has the excellent repeatability ≥ 99.5%.
2. Can QE-R system test the quantum efficiency of tandem solar cells?
The QE-R system is designed according to IEC international standards, with dual independent lock-in amplifiers and the ability to control various light polarizations. This design enables QE-R to measure the quantum efficiency of multi-junction solar cells. Take the hottest perovskite/crystalline silicon tandem solar cell as an example. Scientists use the QE-R quantum efficiency measurement system and its tandem cell measurement module to study the quantum efficiency spectrum of high-efficiency tandem solar cells. Using the guidance of its quantum efficiency spectrum to improve the conversion efficiency of tandem solar cells, the conversion efficiency reached 24.2%, published in Nature Energy (IF=60.858).
The QE-R quantum efficiency measurement system has a friendly software interface, allowing customers to easily test the quantum efficiency of tandem solar cells. It can be seen from the figure that the quantum efficiency measurement software can display the stacking result of the quantum efficiency of the tandem solar cell and can instantly display the signal quality of each sub-cell under different light bias illumination conditions. This allows users to accurately test the quantum efficiency of unknown tandem solar cells, providing a tool for quantitative judgment.
QE-R quantum efficiency measurement software interface.
The overlay results of the quantum efficiency of the tandem solar cells can be displayed, and the signal quality of each sub-cell under different light bias illumination conditions can be displayed in real time. This allows users to accurately test the quantum efficiency of unknown tandem solar cells, providing a tool for quantitative judgment.
QE-R quantum efficiency measurement software interface.
The software can display stacked graph of quantum efficiency of tandem solar cells. The figure shows the quantum efficiency diagram of the perovskite/crystalline silicon tandem solar cell. 300 – 800 nm is the quantum efficiency spectrum of perovskite dot cells, and 500 – 1200 nm is the quantum efficiency spectrum of crystalline silicon lithium cells. In the figure, each layer of batteries is tested three times, and the repeatability of the data can reach more than 99.8%.
Quantum efficiency measurement result of a Ⅲ-V multijunction solar cell.
The figure shows quantum efficiency, reflectance spectrum, and internal quantum efficiency spectrum for the triple-junction sub-cell of the multi-junction solar cell. The QE-R quantum efficiency test system can not only test the quantum efficiency spectrum of each sub-cell of the triple-junction solar cell, but also test its reflectance spectrum R. Through these spectra, the internal quantum efficiency spectrum of each sub-cell of the triple-junction solar cell is obtained. The QE-R quantum efficiency test system can also perform short-circuit current integral calculation between the external quantum efficiency spectrum of each sub-cell and various standard solar spectra (AM 1.5G, AM 1.5D, AM 0, etc.), and obtain the standard solar spectrum of each sub-cell. Under irradiation, the short-circuit current density that can be generated (as shown in the figure).
The QE-R quantum efficiency measurement system is applied to the quantum efficiency spectral test of four-junction solar cells.
The QE-R quantum efficiency measurement system is applied to the quantum efficiency spectral test of amorphous silicon tandem solar cells.
3. "Could you share me the integrating Jsc (if your guys have it) or the original data of those devices?"
Yes, Our QE system can do the integrating Jsc calculation. There are two parts. The first part is that when EQE is measuring at every wavelength, the software will do the Jsc calculation simultaneously. After finished the EQE test, the software will do three different Jsc calculation under AM1.5G, AM1.5D, and AM0 automatically. The Jsc under different AM spectra will also display in the data table.
Simultaneous Jsc calculation at each wavelength.
The Jsc calculation under different AM spectra.
QE-R system can automatically do Jsc short-circuit current density calculation under AM1.5G, AM1.5D and AM0 spectra. Our calculation algorism is based on IEC 60904 and ASTM standards. The calculation results are verified by NREL.
Subscribe now to Enlitech Light Simulator and Quantum Efficiency newsletter.