2022 Joule, Efficiency reaches 24.25% Single PSC！How Dual-Functional Strategy Regulate Crystallization and Defects
Top-Notch Due to It’s Precision!
- A dual-functional strategy is developed to regulate crystallization and defects
- A single PSC cell can achieve 24.25% efficiency with excellent stability
- 10.4cm2 minimodule can achieve >20.5% efficiency
Joule (IF 41.248) published a study in March 2022. Formamidine-cesium (FA-Cs) lead halide has attracted widespread attention because they can improve the stability of perovskite solar cells (PSCs). However, the crystallization of FA-Cs perovskites usually undergoes complexed intermediate phase transition processes. Crystallization regulation using active coordination group to modify Pb-I frameworks has been proven to be an effective method to improve film quality and device performance. Here, the research team developed a dual-functional additive composed of organic ammonium cations and dithiocarbamate anions, with a synergistic contribution of the cationic and anionic groups, to modulate the crystallization and defects of the FA-Cs perovskite film.
Enlitech’s QE-R Quantum Efficiency Measurement system was used to record the external quantum efficiency (EQE) and other instruments were used in this study to assist in the measurement. A few discoveries:
- The efficiency of a single cell reaches 24.25%, with excellent operational stability.
- Under steady-state illumination and bias voltage, 90% power output of its initial state can still be obtained after 500 h of continuous operation.
- If the device is expanded from a single cell to a module, the 10.4 cm2 minimodule can achieve an efficiency of over 20.5% using only an ultralow-cost laser scribing technology.
These results show that this dual-functional strategy helps realize efficient and stable PSCs and minimodules and thus provides more opportunities to advance the development and commercialization of PSCs.
In addition to the EQE (External Quantum Efficiency) spectrum analysis of solar cells, the Quantum Efficiency Measurement System of Enlitech also provides Jsc (short-circuit current density) comparison for the short-circuit current of solar cells under the solar simulator to prove the authenticity of the experiment.
A dual-functional material comprising organic ammonium cation and dithiocarbamate anion is developed to regulate the crystallization and defects of the formamidinium-cesium perovskite.
Device efficiency characterization.
Typical external quantum efficiency (EQE) and integrated current density spectra of the control and modified devices.
Recommended Instruments: QE-R Quantum Efficiency
Key Word: Formamidinium-cesium lead halide, perovskite solar cell, dual-functional, Quantum Efficiency
Article link: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joule.2022.02.003